Saturday 31 May 2014

Insecure?

Today evening me and family had run off to Taljai for some "quality" time, when I noticed a guy in a red shirt playing a guitar. And naturally Turd, having seen the same thing I saw (maybe not?) began deriding and ridiculing him. The only thing that jumped into my mind about this kind of a reaction was the statement "Haters will hate". Why the insecurity, I wonder? And this was coming from a well-off, "educated" person...maybe he was bristling at a reminder of what he failed (in his opinion) to do? Who knows.

Why can't people in my family bear someone doing something better than them?? Seriously, was it so bad that someone was playing music outside?? And it's not like he was playing badly either. Maybe it was for my benefit...as in, assuming I actually care what Turd and Turdette think. It's a bloody public place...people (he) say(s) less negative things about people defecating or urinating in public. But, playing a guitar is an absolute no-no. Wonder why..?? (Can't have my daughter learning about the rebellious rock culture after all....*cue Satanic laughter.)  It seems that I did an excellent job hiding my true self from these turds in my younger years. This house is a place of inertia and mediocrity, full of people who get pushed instead of getting up and walking (or worse, running) ....and sadly, it includes me right now.  Come results and I'll be walking on my own. come 2-3 years later..who knows?? It is in my hands. That alone is a huge motivator.

Well the best weapons while dealing with daily life are indeed humor and sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment