Wednesday 18 February 2015

Non-destructive, productive, useful rebellion

"Living well is the best revenge."

True, but in the heat of the moment it can be rather hard to remember that. When we're wronged, when we're treated unfairly, when we want to hurt the person who hurt us....just living well doesn't assuage all those feelings. I should know. It is tough to get all that energy under control- that hot rush of anger, like lava, is addictive and gratifying, but ultimately hurts us and our cause more than it hurts the person in front of us.

So how can I harness that energy? I don't have an answer right now. I am honestly working on it; trying to not do anything stupid right now, trying to do something which will help me instead of helping the asshole.

Why is the title "rebellion"? When dealing with parents who secretly(or subconsciously) want you to be dependent on them so that they can use you as an ATM in their old age, it is mostly buying things for yourself and enjoying them, while making plans that don't involve them. Teenage rebellion- only it is useful to me, and not to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment